Although Valentine's Day is the day to declare your love for someone, it can of course be done all year round. It even works better when you do it at unexpected times. Loving does not only occur in romantic relationships, there are other forms of love such as your friendships and family that you have close ties with. It's important to let everyone you love know that. Why and how I'd like to tell you.
There are several reasons why someone would declare their love to someone else. Some people do this because they feel like they really understand the other person and want to be around them. Others declare their love because they would like to get to know the other person better and build a close relationship. Sometimes declaring love can also just be an outlet for intense emotions and a desire to share something special with someone else. Basically, the reasons may vary, but essentially it is about someone appreciating the other person and wanting to be closer to them.
What effect does it have?
By letting them know you love someone, you let them know that they are valued and that you care about the relationship. It is an instant reminder to the other person that they are not alone and that there is someone out there who cares. Feeling appreciated, or knowing that you matter, not only boosts someone's day, but can also have a positive impact on someone's mental health. In addition, it strengthens your relationship and enriches it with positivity, which you both will enjoy.
How to tell?
There are many ways to let your loved ones know you love them. Here are some examples of how you can tell them:
- Tell them. The most direct way to let someone know you love them is to tell them. Just in a personal conversation or maybe you like to write a letter.
- Let them know you are there for them. By supporting them in difficult times. This can be done specifically by helping them with problems, or by simply offering a listening ear.
- Plan a fun activity. Invite him or her to do something fun, such as dinner or a day out. This lets them know that you want to spend time with them and that you appreciate them.
- Send a card or gift. Let them know you're thinking of them. This can be done for a specific occasion or just because.
- Show them appreciation. Let them know why you appreciate someone and compliment or thank them for it. You inspire me, you make me happy, you give me energy, you are always there for me, you are a good listener, you give the best advice, you complete me, you give the best hugs…
- Plan a surprise. Whether it's a spontaneous visit, or a surprise birthday party or weekend, surprises are always fun. This lets them know you've made the effort to organize something special for them.
- Be there for them. Be there for your friends by helping them in times of need or supporting them in times of grief.
There are many ways to let someone know you love them. Tell them, tell them why you appreciate them, that you are thinking of them and that you are there for them. Say it face-to-face or write it in a letter, or sometimes actions are louder than words. Send a card or gift, plan a surprise or a fun activity, help each other and listen to each other. This will strengthen your relationship, you will both become a more positive and loving person and the world will be a bit more beautiful again. Who are you going to let know you love them?